Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, this position oversees both General Ledger and Transaction Control sections which are responsible for monthly closing and transaction processing. The incumbent is an advocate for best practices in internal controls and accounting practices. He/She is actively visible in representing the team for various initiatives and manages a team of 15 finance professionals in singapore.
1) Lead the statutory audit and liaise with tax agents for corporate tax filings in the region
2) Handle audit queries relating to value-in-use model and onerous provisions
3) Oversee transaction processing in both Operation Controlling and Accounts Payable
4) Institute improvements in closing procedures for a swifter month end close
5) Key liaison person for rollout of process change and co-ordinate testing of system upgrades
6) Ensure timely update of accounting policies and transfer pricing documentation
10+ years in leading accounting departments including AP/AR/GL and process controls preferrably within the maritime/Oil-Gas/Offshore Industry.
SSC experience will be a plus.
Ability to manage a large and high potential team is a must.
The ideal candidate is able to lead and pace the team well. Interacting effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, he/she is a conscientious and outgoing person that people look to for good couns