Accounting Manager (Woodlands)
Our client is a leading US listed MNC.
An experienced accountant who knows the SAP best practice for intercompany accounting, possess the system skills, know the close process, understand international business transactions and transfer pricing, and have prior work experience on monthly and quarterly closing, plus reporting to Corporate and assist in local statutory compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: -
-Manage the close process on compliance to monthly and quarterly close timelines
- Design the intercompany accounting process in an SAP environment, understanding the system architecture, automating the accounting flow and the elimination process within SAP
- Responsible for ensuring all intercompany accounting is completely accounted for, achieved its intended objectives, and completely identified and auto-eliminated in the ERP.
- Handle month-end close issues before the close, eg commencing accounting reconciliation activities before the close and proactively resolve any issues before month-end close - Write up the accounting policies and SOPs that entities within the group should follow - Prepare monthly schedule reconciliation for all intercompany accounts, to evidence complete elimination on consolidation
- Partnering General Ledger, AR and AP accountants for all entities in the Group, conduct training and maintain compliance to intercompany accounting SOPs
- Partnering Tax Team to ensure intercompany transactions are done in accordance with optimal tax considerations across all entities
- Partnering IT team to ensure SAP is configured correctly to facilitate intercompany accounting process
Profile of candidates:
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor Degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CA, MBA or equivalent finance and accounting qualification
- 6-8 years of work experience, ideally 2-4 years of audit experience, and the balance in Commercial
- Worked in multinational companies that had multiple entities for Corporate reporting purpose
- A problem-solver, who can work in an unstructured and complex environment, and lead the various workgroups to a common objective
- Team player, possess a positive working attitude, pro-active and independent contributor. - Possess good analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work across cultures, functions and borders
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines.
Singapore citizen or PR only!