Our client is a well reputed European ship owner having its group headquarters in Singapore based in the CBD area.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this position is responsible for overseeing Management Reporting, preparation of monthly management report and in-depth analysis of vessel performance. He/she will also be involved in budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis as well as identifying workflow & system improvements for timely reporting. Other areas include designing a comprehensive and concise reporting package for management’s decision-making purposes, creating and monitoring balanced scorecards.
· Analyse vessel financial performance for stipulated periodic intervals, including monitoring actual versus budget by working closely with various departments (eg Commercial, Technical, Human Resource, Information Technology, etc.)
· Maintains regular updates for rolling forecast.
· Responsible to manage annual budgeting exercise, identifying business key drivers, competitor analysis.
· Assist in identifying and suggesting improvements in the finance and control processes to enhance efficiency workflow and reporting process.
· Create and manage a company balanced scorecard.
· Prepare adhoc and other business sensitivity analysis as and when required.
· Work closely with GL to enhance report accuracy and speed.
The ideal candidate has a holistic view of Group’s financial position with insights on vessels’ key operational details. He/she has strong communication skills, influencing team members and internal customers, persuasive in convincing stakeholders of changes. He/she is creative in providing quick fixes and longer term solutions to streamline management reporting processes.
· Degree in Accountancy and/or Finance
· 6 years working experience in a top tier MNC with strong corporate ethics
· Minimum 5 years of experience in preparation of management reports, dealing with cross functional stakeholders and having strong business partnering experience
· Ability to develop and present detailed analytical reports
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skill, Oracle system is a plus
· Good leadership, team-player, meticulous and independent
· Proactive and committed to meet timelines.
· Good interpersonal skills and works effectively under pressure.
Singapore Citizen or PR only!