Financial Planning & Analysis - Analyst
Job Purpose / Job context
The Financial Analyst will provide stakeholders with relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions, and will work closely with FP&A Manager to develop and implement strategies across the division. The successful candidate will need to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace. The purpose of the FP&A function is to partner with leaders and teams to plan (budget), forecast and analyze their activities and to provide proactive financial advice on all related matters.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting into the FP&A Manager - Global based in Singapore.
• Provision of timely & reliable information to budget holders to aid their decision-making process & achievement of month end reporting timetables for global finance
• Analysis of monthly I&E reports, including variances between actual & budget
• Prepare monthly income and expense accruals for the largest BU in the entire global organisation
• Obtaining & reviewing non-financial data which supports the financial information
• Assist with preparation, analysis & risk assessment of monthly forecast submission.
• Provision of timely & accurate (no surprises) forecast information to global finance in line with reporting timetables.
• Provision of analytical reports to budget holders & FP&A, on a timely basis, to better inform the decision making processes
• Degree or equivalent in accounting, business or finance
• Proven experience in the finance area: 3+ years as an FP&A Analyst
• Experience using Oracle Hyperion Financial Management module and Power BI preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written & oral, with individuals from across the organisation
• Ability to meet objectives & deadlines while assigned to multiple tasks & to work with limited