One of our global shipping clients is growing their operations in Singapore and looking to hire a Fleet Assistant who has prior experience in a similar role with a Ship owner/ management company (at least one year).
Reporting to the MD, this role is responsible for providing administrative support to the Technical Department. Activities include word processing, electronic and hard copy filing, conference and travel logistics coordination, developing & coordinating schedules, data input/retrieval/analysis and reports. The candidate should be technically-inclined and enjoy assisting others. He/she needs to possess an eye for details, good organising and multitasking skills, a great team player and has the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Provide clerical support, such as typing, filing, copying, data entry and record keeping
- Manage all required paperwork and records and prepare documentation when needed
- Receives and verifies daily purchase invoices. Dates and codes account and centre numbers on invoices for various purchases
- Assist Technical Dept in the ship management Division with their daily ship management and administrative activities and documentation
- Prepare and handle variable ship management accounting invoices and raised purchased orders from vessels, suppliers and agents
- Asssist Managing Director – coordinating schedules, flights, conference and meeting
- Participate in training as required by the Company and teach work skills to other employees as and when necessary or required by the Company
- Become familiar with and comply with Company QHSSE / SMS (Safety Management System) policies, procedures and systems of work, including adherence to the Company’s Fitness for Work policy and procedures
- Perform additional duties and assist other team members as required or directed.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Preferably have past experience working in a ship management environment and gained the basic knowledge of maritime activities
- Possess strong computer skills, must be proficient in MS Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of ShipNet puchasing software system is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Strong verbal/written skills, as well as strong reporting and presentation skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team;
- Good planning, prioritising, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills with good attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive matters appropriately;
- Ability to be agile and contribute to a changing work environment, seeking out opportunities to continually improve systems and processes;
- Willingness to assist other areas from time to time as appropriate, provided within skills and ability
- Minimum Diploma holders with Basic accounting knowledge