This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading European shipping company to play a pivotal role in their well established Crewing office in Mumbai, India for a seafaring staff strength of more than 700.
- Responsible for the oversight and performance of manning agencies engaged in the India, ensuring they perform in line with their contractual obligations.
- Actively monitor legal and medical claims that arise from the region and provide input where required. Ensure that claims are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Approve/seek approval of costs for on-going matters in the Philippines as required.
- Monitor invoices and charges from suppliers in the region and ensure they are accurate.
- Act as the local point of contact for company visits, client visits and in the execution of company events.
- Oversight of the companies CSR activities in the India.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of KPI’s for suppliers in the region.
- Contribute as required to company tenders with local market information and rates.
- Provide guidance to operational staff as required on Company policy.
- Prepare and implement salary scales in coordination with the Head of Crewing as required.
- Liase as appropriate with Government and Industry bodies in the Philippines
- Monitor relevant legislative changes which may impact our business.
- Ensure the timely monthly payroll for shore staff
- Ensure compliance with POEA, ISO, MLC and other accreditations.
- Achieve annual financial objectives including developing annual budget and providing commentary on monthly variances.
If you have managed crewing teams earlier in international locations and have a track record of success managing 1000+ crew and involved in budgeting, strategies, planning and managing a team of 30+ people in a manning office, we are looking forward to hear from you.