Our client is a leading global Maritime equipment company who are looking to hire a Head of Engineering for their market leading products in their growing teams in Singapore.
If you are a Mechanical/Marine Engineer with prior experience in managing Engineering teams and handled large projects within the maritime industry, please read further and we look forward to hear from you.
- Operations of engineering department on daily basis.
- Ensuring the engineered solutions is technically sound and in accordance to any applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure department cost is in line with department budget.
- Ensure composition and availability of department resources is according to business unit needs. - Resource planning and reporting of such on a regular basis.
- Manage engineering in projects in accordance with time schedule and budgets established by the Project Manager.
- Initiate engineering for sales, project and R&D - Drive changes and processes for improvements within the O&G organization.
- Lead and contribute to a healthy work environment for department and business unit.
- Liaise with the manufacturing plant and drive processes for an optimal process and cost-efficient product that maintain our leading position.
- Review and approve any documents of engineering nature.
- Ensure adequate digital software tools is available according department needs.
- Cooperate closely with management group on strategies and goals set.
- Review and approve engineering calculations with respect to electrical, mechanical and process disciplines.
- Review of procurement specifications, quotation, purchase orders etc.
- Support on selection of instruments, valves and others used, with compliance to customer requirements and specifications.
- Develop prototype or principle design for sales
- Facilitate software’s for engineering design, such as different AutoCAD/ Autodesk products, ANSYS, StaadPro, AutoPipe and others.
Education Qualifications & Background:
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience related to the position.
- Experienced with the O&G industry preferably with experience of Marine equipment.
- Strong multi discipline engineering skills