Reporting to the Head of Fleet management, the HSSEQ (Health Safety Security Environment and Quality) Assistant/Manager will ensure the safe operation of the ships through ensuring compliance to the statutory requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code. He/She will be responsible to implement and maintain the Safety Management System, analyses risks and ensures compliance to Company’s risk management policies and procedures. He/she will work with the Master on board to promote a culture of continuous improvement of all HSSEQ related matters.
· Oversee and manage ship compliance to regulatory requirements and legislation (such as IMO, Flag State and Port State rules and regulations)
· Work with Master/Manning agencies to brief crew on HSSEQ policies, documentation and procedures
· Develop, implement and maintain Safety Management System (SMS) of the company
· Work with Master to manage compliance to risk management frameworks, policies and processes on board
· Conduct audits and root-cause investigations and analyses risk management data to identify gaps and propose corrective & preventive measures
· Register, monitor and ensure all corrective & preventive actions are addressed and implemented
· Overall in charge of all HSSEQ issues and matter onboard.
Qualifications and skills
· Possess Shipboard experience as seagoing officer or relevant working experience from a shore base position (ship-owner’s representatives, classification societies, technical management companies or similar), where experience with shipboard operations has been obtained will be an advantage.
· Good knowledge in International Maritime Regulations, Marine Industry standards (ISM Code, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISO 9001) is required