Roles & Responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities include but notwithstanding to the following
- Handling, negotiating and administration of cargo claims. This will include receiving, collating, and reviewing information and documentation relating to incidents causing damage that have occurred in the course of the company operations as a marine cargo carrier.
- Responsible for settlement of claims and recovery from insurers.
- Handling of FD&D, Charterers Liability claims that may arise from time to time in relation to the trades.
- Responsibility for the management of the department’s claims system and the production of regular monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc statistical reports and analysis.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of all stevedore injury claims.
- Provide advice and information, analysis, and assessments relating to the commercial risks (e.g. sanctions, counterparty risks) and physical threats.
- Provide maritime legal advice and service to the organization, and legal advice on various shipping contracts as required.
- Responsible for the budgeting process of all insurances and claims.
The Ideal Profile
- Degree in Maritime Law or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3 years in managing marine cargo claims and contract management
- Self-driven with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of trade risk management and claims management.
- Extensive knowledge of international marine insurance.
- Good commercial and operational understanding, judgment, and knowledge.