Our client, one of the world largest retailers with multiple businesses spanning around the globe of over 20+ countries and 200+ companies is now seeking to hire a dynamic Head of Management Reporting to manage their regional FP&A team in Selangor, Malaysia.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Head of Management Reporting.
- Lead the management reporting team for business unit to work closely with the Business Planning & Analysis (‘BPA”) team in the preparation and review of monthly, weekly, daily and adhoc management reports for reporting to BPA leadership team & Finance regional office for consolidation and performance management
- Ensure accuracy of monthly and forecast reporting packs for Retail Finance MBR templates, quarterly forecasts templates and standard management reporting templates submission to region and global.
- Ensure on time submission and quality reporting in Monthly Scorecard, Flash Reports, aging reports, capex reports and trends data compilation.
- Work closely with the Brand Heads and BPA team in the maintenance of approved budgeting and forecasts planning.
- Work cross functionally with various departments and proactively provide business insights and recommendations to drive business performance and operating efficiencies
- Participate in the automation of management reporting/forecasting process, enhancement of business processes/workflows relating to (financial and finance operation aspects) and other ad hoc management reporting related initiatives in relation to retail
- Work closely with BPA team to determine the cost allocation methodology and basis for indirect/corporate office overheads and generate report for actual against budget/forecast.
- Review and support the respective BPA team heads in scenario analysis and evaluation of ad hoc pricing strategy, investment and operational rationalization initiatives
- Actively manage the team to ensure efficient allocation of responsibilities and timely & accuracy of deliverables, share best practices and develop & retain skills and talent within the team
- Lead and manage the migration and project transfers of management reporting of Malaysia and Singapore, manage and design project planning and execution of the migration scope of work, and to ensure change management is successfully deployed.
- Degree in Accountancy and/or ACCA/CIMA/Chartered Accountant and have at least 9 years of relevant working experience, preferably in retail/FMCG industry, at least 5 years of FPNA experience desired.
- Shared services experience preferred, involved in migration/knowledge transfer.
- A self-driven, independent individual who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast pace environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal & report writing skills
- Proficient in Finance & Accounting software, e.g. SAP, BPC, BW, Tableau.
- Strong analytical and excel modeling skills, and familiarity with Financial Modelling and scenario analysis
- Ability to multi-task, proactive, work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines
- Able to adapt to fast changing environment
- Good understanding of and/ experience in retail operations
- Migration activities of shared services experience is required.
- Collaborative and resourceful to drive operational efficiencies