1. Oversee Bulk procurement
2. Oversee logistics planning and coordination of all Stores/Spares/lubes/projects required for the fleet vessels.
3. Leading negotiations and implementation of various contracts and service level agreements with suppliers and manufacturers.
4. Management of all suppliers to ensure that purchased components and sub-assemblies are received at the required service, cost and quality levels.
5. Management of all supplier located inventory with timely and accurate reporting of stocks, condition and costs.
6. Management of component supply with due regard to end of life and qualification of alternatives.
7. Processing/Managing orders for initial stores for new building dry dockings and retrofits
8. Negotiate with vendors for the best pricing and quality to ensure the best match and value meet the standards required as laid down by the company SMS.
9. Coordinate with managers for approval as per company procurement policy laid out in company SMS.
10. Conduct periodic review of vendors’ supplies
11. Conduct annual vendors’ evaluation
12. Management of Vendor improvement, and consolidation initiatives as well as identification of new vendors.
13. Train and educate vessels on the correct purchasing procedures and requirements; to ensure a smooth workflow in the procurement process and full compliance with the company procurement policy.
- Marine Engineer with prior sailing experience on board vessels
- Knowledge of PMS, Procurement and E commerce purchasing or similar system would be an advantage.