Our client is a leading shipping company looking to recruit a Risk Analyst to be based in Singapore.
- Excellence in risk identification and position reporting (timely, accurate, reflective of real shipping risks)
- Supporting trading performance reporting through consolidation of daily results & trading performance analysis
- Keeping boundaries (ensuring limits and GPs are followed, provide an independent stop for market price assessments and risk assessments)
- Efficiency and Effectiveness (basically do things right, do the right things, help others be effective)
- Being the point of accountability for reporting, monitoring and data management processes within the team.
- Understanding, consolidating & reporting trading positions to trading and management teams
- Integrating new prices and new positions from new business into the existing process
- Contribute to the improvement and re-engineering of daily processes to improve data.
- Maintain risk database. Enhance efficiency and effectiveness through spreadsheet automation and structured data management.
- Ensure no limit breaches.
- Participate or lead selected risk team projects
- Corporate reporting in the areas of limit usage and extensions and pnl flag reporting.
- The efficacy of the individual will be crucial to the smooth operation of the risk team and the interfaces with trading and accounting teams and other functions.
- Good numerical degree
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience
- Practical experience in a commodity trading/ship operating environment
- The ideal candidate should be detail-focused and possess excellent data management and report development ability
- High agility, Interest in market risk management in a commodity trading context and the willingness to learn is a must
- Team-player, collaborative in approach
- Independent, mature
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Excellent organizational and data management skills