One of our global shipping clients in Singapore and looking to hire a Senior Strategic Crewing Manager who has prior experience in a similar role in a managerial capacity with a Ship owner/ management company. He/she needs to possess an eye for details, good organising and multitasking skills, a great team player and has the ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
The ideal candidate would have proven track record in delivering operational and strategic excellence in crewing/manning/fleet personnel departments with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally with manning partners in SEA.
- Able to conceptualise and present feasibility study; Setting crewing operation's key performance indicators, SWOT analysis, recommending best practices for crew management to improve overall performance and better focus on customer satisfaction.
- Manage relationship with existing manning partners to ensure good quality crew are recruited in a timely manner.
- Ensure protection of company's interest while managing relationship with the manning partners
- Ensure that the manning partners are working in accordance with best practices and conformance with company's policies and procedures
- Monitor general crewing market trends by establishing industry level benchmark with other partners on crewing costs or other crewing industry matters.
- Manage and handle all crewing related operations of the Company
Skills and Knowledge Required?
- Prior experience in a managerial capacity for Crewing operations and strategy is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- You will need to have 10 years of experience of which few years in a management capacity
- Strong verbal/written skills, as well as strong reporting and presentation skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team;
- Good planning, prioritising, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills with good attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive matters appropriately;
- Ability to be agile and contribute to a changing work environment, seeking out opportunities to continually improve systems and processes;
- Willingness to assist other areas from time to time as appropriate, provided within skills and ability
Kindly note that candidates already based in Singapore with valid work permit will only be considered for this role.
Please get in touch with Brijesh Mongia at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion