Senior Data Architect/ Engineer (Maritime, Singapore)
Our client is a leading multinational company
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role is key to driving forward data change in the organisation, making data accessible and visible and working closely with business stakeholders in order to enable data-driven decisions at the senior level. You will work with the Head of IT to drive data strategy and liaise closely with key business stakeholders to deliver data projects.
Your role will focus on analysing, modelling, building and connecting data to support and drive continued visualisation and analytics across the business. It will include the production of analytical dashboards, supporting the major fleet IT data projects and supporting the build and connectivity of data platforms. This role requires a strong business focus with the ability to deliver continuous value.
This role comes with budget responsibilities and a data analyst.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of driving forward the digitalisation strategy which includes cloud, fleet and data transformation programs.
- Work with the Head of IT to continue to drive data strategy and build data awareness.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to deliver reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Drive the build and delivery of a data warehouse and/or a data lake platform
- Utilize BI and analytical tools to visualize data effectively and analyze and present results in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with the technical team to contribute to the delivery of Fleet IT data projects
- Define and identify gaps between current challenges and future business needs.
- Deliver data analytics and predictive models where appropriate.
- Partner with the commercial operations team to support and drive improvements in their commercial platform and reporting outcomes.
The ideal candidate is pro-active, conceptual and a self-starter. You will be able to manage multiple stakeholders including vendors, internal system owners, senior stakeholders, head of business and end-users.
You will be able to advise direction and drive improvements forward as well as manage existing expectations. You should be able to visualize the end-to-end business process clearly in mind based on users’ requirements so as to present a feasible solution. You possess a positive working attitude and have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Over 10 years of practical experience in data design, build and visualization.
- Proven working experience as a Data Architect
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Proven experience working closely with business stakeholders to gather data requirements and deliver outcomes.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development, data warehouse design, data lakes, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of modern data architecture using data lakes would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in producing visualisations and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with PowerBI and other visualization tools such as Qliksense, Tableau, Cognos, etc.; databases (MSSQL, Oracle etc); programming (SQL, Python, Java, R, JSON)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of commercial shipping including systems such as IMOS would be an advantage
Key Roles Interactions
Senior managers and executives across the business