Our client, a multinational media and digital marketing communications company with headquarter in London, is looking to hire a dynamic and motivated Senior Internal Auditor to join their APAC Internal audit team which is based in Singapore. This position reports to the Head of Internal Audit and Risk - APAC
- Assisting the managers to ensure that the department objectives are met and the successful delivery of the audit plan for the region.
- Supervise and undertake audit projects that meet departmental and other appropriate standards (e.g. IIA).
- Work with the Risk & Audit management team to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Regional & Country CEO and CFOs).
- Influence and facilitate changes to improve the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Conduct risk assessments of assigned department or functional areas in required timelines.
- Establish risk-based audit programs and determine scope of review in conjunction with the Audit Manager.
- Ensure management actions plans for control issues identified are followed-up in a timely manner to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Prepare and assist the managers with the preparation of any Management and Audit Committee reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other Regional & Global team members to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance.
- Assist the managers to deliver ad-hoc projects (e.g. investigations, policies and procedures training)
- Previous internal audit experience, ideally in a senior role in a related industry.
- Strong financial audit / accounting background
- Relevant accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACCA) and preferably with internal audit qualifications (e.g., IIA).
- Able to converse and read mandarin is an advantage
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Outstanding relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with senior management and ability to influence them to drive change.
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player.
- Flexible and positive approach to work, including willingness to undertake substantial international business travel across region (i.e. 50%) and beyond.
- Able to focus on the detail when required, but still be able to see the ‘big picture’.
- Organised and able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively multi-task.
- Able to effectively coach and supervisor junior staff members.
- Strong audit/finance background (typically 6 years’ experience).