Our client is a leading commodity trading firm who are looking to recruit an experienced senior Tanker Operator for their growing volumes in Singapore and APAC.
- Communicate with external parties, including but not limited to Vessel Masters, Shipping Agents, Port Captains, Cargo Charterers, Cargo Brokers, Surveyors, Vessel Technical Managers, and any concerned parties in Chemical Tanker Operations.
- Implement stowage planning and voyage planning.
- Arrange meetings with third parties, such as charterer, shipper, receiver, broker, terminal, agent, surveyors, and any concerned parties in Chemical Tanker Operation.
- Respond to vessel issues, cooperating with concerned parties until resolution.
- Stowage planning to meet safety criteria, international/domestic regulation, chemical requirements, Charterer’s requirements, and economic efficiency.
- Voyage planning to meet safety criteria, international/domestic regulation, and economic efficiency.
- Monitor (voyage P+L) through relevant operation management software.
- Handle Tanker Bill of Lading, i.e. issuance and collection of B/L, to obtain LOI from charterer/broker through commercial channels and instruct cargo release order for concerned parties in accordance with Charter Party provisions.
- Manage the filing of the vessel’s documents, i.e. notice of readiness, cargo operation log & timesheet, ullage report, a protest letter, etc.
- Update the vessel's itinerary for charterer/broker in accordance with Charter Party provisions.
- Send port time with shipping documents to charterer/broker in accordance with Charter Party provisions.
- Liaise with PFAs to issue freight invoices with supporting documents.
- Provide backup for other operators in event of absence.
• Experience in Chemical Tanker Operations with an Owner/operator.
• Experience in operating vessels carrying cargoes such as Palm Oil.
• Maritime Bachelor Degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively independently
• Strong service orientation and team player attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication.