Due to expansion our shipping client who are looking for an experienced Vessel Manager to join their team in Singapore. You will need to have experience working on MEGI and DFDE propulsion vessels.
In this role, you will work closely with LNG team members to ensure the smooth running of these specialized ships.
* Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
* Support existing projects and agreements.
* Prepare and monitor annual operating budgets for customers.
* Preparation of internal annual operating budgets.
* Provide input and assistance in completion and or revisions to operations, emergency procedures, maintenance and repair, and Port facility security plans.
* Conduct vendor assessments in regards to quality and cost.
* Assist customers in developing new operational procedures, policies, equipment upgrades.
* Port security coordination and management.
* Develop new leads for third-party terminal management and LNG opportunities.
* Determine organizational structure requirements for new ports, personnel, local offices, and other necessary infrastructure as necessary.
* Assist in the development of third party Master Services Agreements and operating contracts
* Ensure planned maintenance schedules are being adhered to and are up to date.
* Conduct ship inspections as necessary.
* Assist customers in cost control measures
* Participate in industry-related activities
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills
* At least 2 years experience sailing experience as Senior Engineer
* 2 years Technical Superintendent experience essential in LNG or LPG handling MEGI/DFDE/W-Max engines
* A flexible self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a thirst for learning
* Strong analogical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Problem solver and sound business judgment
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
* Capable of working both independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines