Accountant - Agricultural commodity trading
Our client is a renowned European agriculture trading company.
This role will involve close interaction with the commercial, finance and trade operation teams.
He/she will also work closely with the Finance Manager Asia in ad-hoc projects led by the global HQ.
Monthly closing for open book
(1) Review the forex open book and mark-to-market calculations.
(2) Review the physical open book and mark-to-market calculations.
(3) Prepare the monthly open book report.
Daily forex transactions for physical and structured finance trade
(4) Monitor and manage the daily forex position and transactions, including margin call requirement, spot/swap deal execution and settlement with banks/inter-companies.
(5) Prepare the weekly management report, which details key risk exposures (forex, market and credit risk).
(6) Support Finance Manager in ad-hoc projects, which include but are not limited to, treasury management, internal control, risk management and process optimisation.
(7) Support Finance Manager in annual budgeting and statutory audit of trading entity.
(8) Liaise with tax agents on the tax matters of 2 entities (trading and chartering), including but not limited to, corporate income tax filing (ECI and Form C) and ad-hoc tax queries
(9) Back up Risk Analyst in managing contracts in the trading system and preparing daily forex exposure/futures transaction reports.
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a commodity trading firm, preferably in the agricultural trading
- Strong background in commodity trade accounting, mark-to-market valuation and forex transactions
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks efficiently. Meticulous in report preparation
- Singaporean or PR only!