Assistant Director of FP&A (Chemical)
We are looking for an Assistant Director of FP&A for a leading chemical company in Singapore. This role directly will report to Head, Business Controlling. You will be the lead controller for the Business Centre function supporting and advising the VP of Business centre and the Business centre Leadership Team.
- Setting and execution of the strategy of the Business centre function, by leading the processes of Reporting, Budgeting and Business Planning, Forecasting, Investments and Performance Management for the Business centre function.
- Pricing analysis and data analytics on monthly sales volumes and products
- Process ownership of the annual Business Plan for Business centre i.e. planning, coordinating, executing and documenting within the area of responsibility (i.e. across regional coverage for Business centre Management Team and close link to Market Centres)
- Prepare and review business strategic plans and management information, across all financial metrics; including but not limited to revenues, costs, capital, Economic Profit and workforce planning
- Coordinate annual target setting, forecasting, reporting and analysis on behalf of Business centre, reviewing and challenging inputs and summarising and preparing presentation material to support the VP Business centre, VP Finance, SVP Market Centre and Region Leadership Team in decision making
- Develop and monitor the Business centre’s project costing activities as well as establish controls (time writing, product costing / new products tool etc.)
- Support the Business centre’s Leadership Team and relevant stakeholders on ad hoc financial analysis, reporting and queries with respect to the Business centre, providing advice as subject matter expert and financial advisor for the function
- Alignment of KPI cascading across the organization through teamwork with other Regions, Marketing Centres and other decision support teams (e.g. Strategy, HR, Corporate Support, Site Controlling, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance and/or management accounting, preferably MBA
- A minimum of 10 years or more relevant experience
- Excellent in collecting, analysing, presenting data and financial skills
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Experience from the chemicals / petrochemicals industry in APAC is preferred by not a requirement
- CMA qualification or equivalent preferred