Our client is a small and established shipping company. The success of their business is built on the principle of empowering employees across all levels to make their own decisions, as well as gaining a deep understanding of specific customer needs.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of vessel operations of dry bulk vessels
- Ensure that communication with all parties including vessels, local offices, procurement department, ship managers, agents, stevedores, other associated companies, and sub-contractors is done correctly and in accordance with existing work instructions and valid charter-party and contract conditions.
- Plan the voyage from start to finish. You will anticipate possible problems in advance and adjust plans as needed to achieve the most cost-effective solutions.
- Respond to any problems that arise during the voyage and put in hand whatever corrective measures may be required.
- Responsible for optimizing the efficiency of the voyage – which includes minimizing all voyage-related costs and time. To calculate cargo intake as may be required and coordinate the preparation of pre-stow plans in accordance with the Voyage Planning and Execution Procedure.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of final stowage plans, including detailed tier plans and load/discharge reports as required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Being responsible for managing all issues relating to the execution of the voyage, this includes – but is not limited to – the following specific matters:
- Responsible for ensuring that vessels are optimally bunkered.
- Responsible for ensuring that the necessary equipment and consumables are available and ready in the ports as required.
- Prepare and distribute Voyage Instructions.
- Nominate Surveyors as need/required.
- Managing Docs for Discharge.
- Securing and filing of Sailing Docs.
- Finalize Final Stow Plan, distribute and file.
- Responsible for close coordination with Port Captain and/or local operations staff throughout the loading or discharging of vessels as required in order to achieve the most cost-efficient coastal passage.
- Responsible for the monitoring and follow-up of all vessel performance issues, whether owned or TC ships, including off-hire.
- Responsible for ensuring that the voyage management system, including the vessel’s schedule is kept properly updated at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all cargo documents are completed and distributed as required by BMS and/or Charter parties and/or contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that required Letters of Indemnity are prepared in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary and appropriate notices are given to the insurance and claims department and that internal procedures are followed in case of any planned ice call.
- In case of claimed damages to either ship or cargo, the job holder is to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken to protect the company´s interests, seeking guidance as needed.
- Maritime degree at Bachelor level (shipping operations etc) or equivalent maritime qualification.
- Substantial operational experience, preferably dry cargo.
- Sailing experience an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years shipping experience – preferably in an equivalent role Budget preparation/control and follow up experience, a full understanding of voyage accounts All aspects of voyage planning and execution, including documentation, voyage Accounts
- Need high-level awareness of customers’ needs and expectations Integrity, honesty, self-discipline, attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company that is doing really well. You will have the chance to share your ideas and help develop the company further, as well as your own skills. Additionally, a competitive salary and package are offered.
It will be required for you to have Singapore working entitlement.
Please contact Brijesh Mongia at firstname.lastname@example.org for a private and confidential discussion.