Commercial Finance Manager/Analyst (Consumer Goods)
Our client is a leading US MNC in the consumer health/goods industry with its regional HQ for APAC based in Singapore.
With the start of a new year, we reviewed our structures and we created a new position for a Commercial Finance professionals to play a hands-on role in developing the process, evaluate, review and challenge the financial impact on commercial obligations. (i.e., pricing, discounts, rebates given to the customer, contracts management and highlight key concerns to internal stakeholders). This person will also get the opportunity to set up the process on ROI, perform reviews on effectiveness of marketing campaigns, product launches, and customer incentive programs. This person will business partner with the Regional function head and owns the Regional HQ cost.
This person will have the opportunity to participate and support any financial evaluations and modeling of business strategies alternatives for organic growth as well as external growth opportunities. This will include ROI, NPV and DCF models as well as sensitivity analysis.
This is a highly visible role within the APAC Region that requires strong analytical, planning, sharp finance skills and business sense.
- Participate in APAC/Global Pricing Process and Matrix.
- Understanding and maintain the APAC customer channel list in all markets.
- Revenue Management on APAC markets.
- Understand value chain of the business and explore ways to improve margins.
- Discount Management (decision support, tracking and evaluation).
- Identifying possible risk areas and mitigating solutions.
- Business partnering with Regional Marketing and / or Sales Operation on Market request on special pricing, discount, rebates, etc.
- Contract Management – To support contract approval process on any financial impact.
- ROI/KPI reviews and effectiveness of market campaigns, customer incentive programs and product launches.
- Business partnering with countries to support management decision-making, such as return on investment, product analysis, cost containment, etc.
- Monthly Hyperion Forecast review to understand the APAC movement on sales.
- Own and manages the Regional functions quarterly forecast, budget, actual variances analysis and cost center reporting.
- Business partnering with Regional HODs to project their spending in Forecast and budgeting.
- Manage Regional Function Cost Centre and Capex in the system.
- Work with Regional HOD Cost Centre to ensure all actual invoices are capture on time.
- Analyze Actual vs. Budget / Forecast variances and summarize underlying drivers of variances as well as relevance to operations for Regional HOD Cost Centre.
- Any other duties or projects as assigned, and job descriptions may change according to organization needs.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with 5 years of exposure to commercial finance and worked closely with Commercial Functions.
- Working experience in FMCG/ Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices industry preferred.
- Regional experience working with different countries across Asia Pacific would be an advantage.
- Experience working with a US MNC and in a regional role is a big plus
- Someone who has set-up pricing, revenue management and ROI analysis desk will be ideal
- Proactive, problem solving ability and a trusted business partner needed
- Cognos, Tableau and working knowledge of Hyperion EssBase are required.