Country Finance Controller (Chemical)
Our client is a market leader who has built a strong grounding within the industrial sector. They have been expanding rapidly and have a good track record in driving profitability in chemical industry. They are looking for a Country Finance Controller to join their leadership team here in Singapore.
- Finance business partner to country Managing Director. Working closely with various stakeholders to drive Singapore performance and to provide timely analysis to help in management decision making
- To provide financial analysis in areas of forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, reviewing operational performance of the business, pricing review and investment analysis
- Manage treasury function for the entity
- Key contact person with statutory government agencies on day to day basis; to work closely with business stakeholders on ad-hoc projects involving incentive grants, lease extensions, etc.
- In addition to the finance role, the person will also have the responsibility as compliance officer for the country and ensure that business is conducted as per the company’s published guideline
- Develop and coach 3-4 finance team members
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget and quarterly forecast
- Report to management on variances from the established budget/forecast, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Ensure month end closing and reporting is done as per corporate policy and guidelines
- Prepare management report. Analyse sales, expenses, profitability, working capital and cash flow
- Check and sign off the Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Ensure Fixed Asset register is up to date
- Work closely with respective functional and site leaders for capex planning and submission of investment plans
- Ensure stock are reconciled on a quarterly basis
- Prepare the final submission as per statutory deadlines
- Response to the tax queries as and when issue arises
- Consolidate the Financial Statement as per internal timeline
- Establish good working relationship with Internal Auditors as well External Auditors; ensure timely and smooth completion of audits
- Implement internal control to ensure that business is operating in accordance to company policy and local laws and regulation
The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-sized company or division of a big corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly regarding presenting the results of analyses to management.
The candidate should have people management experience as he/she will be responsible to manage 3-4 finance and accounting staff.
Candidate possessing ERP knowledge (SAP) and someone with both commercial (Sales) and Manufacturing environment exposure will be an ideal fit for the role.