FINANCE MANAGER (MEDICAL DEVICES)
We are looking for a dynamic Finance Manager with a leading and fast-growing US Medical Device Company based in Singapore.
Maintains overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of Indirect Channels for East Asia, including Medical and NV. The incumbent is expected to provide financial analysis and implement recommendations based on these findings. Works closely with Indirect Channel Management team to select, onboard, monitor, evaluate and renew or terminate Indirect Channels, with a specific focus on setting commensurate Indirect Channel compensation, Fair Market Values and books & records of the Indirect Channels. This role reports to the East Asia Finance Leader.
- Work with local and regional Indirect Channel team to review the Indirect Channel business strategy in order to ensure sustainable and compliant growth through Indirect Channels.
- Work together with the Indirect Channel Management team to select, onboard, monitor, evaluate and renew or terminate Indirect Channels.
- Set & Review indirect channel compensation at selection of the Indirect Channel and at renewal of the contract versus fair market value and escalate in case outside of range.
- Review Indirect Channel contracts with a specific focus on compensation and termination clauses. Ensure the contract clauses are properly reflected in any accounting entries (e.g. rebates, revenue recognition etc).
- Be local point of contact for the Indirect Channel system. Responsible for completeness and accuracy of Indirect Channel compensation data in this system, including periodic updates.
- Provide input for Fair Market Value information by providing internal data on an annual basis
- Monitor & approve any one-off deals for Indirect Channels outside of the contract, taking into account business rationale as well as ensuring rationale is properly documented. Escalate to regional teams in case outside of Fair Market Value range.
- Review books & records questionnaire as part of selection process. Provide clarity on expectations and work with Commercial teams on books & records remediation plans if necessary. Follow-up on progress remediation plans.
- Take part in periodic business review of Indirect Channels and focus on financial KPI (pricing, IC compensation) as well as books & records capabilities. Provide advice to Commercial / ICM team on decision to renew or terminate contract.
- Train the East Asia Commercial team on books & records requirements for Indirect Channels.
- Visit specific strategic Indirect Channels to train the IC teams on company’s books & records requirements
- Effectively communicate and escalate where necessary (financial) analysis to the East Asia Finance Leader
- Participates in the setting of overall ICM goals and priorities
- Work with the broader local/regional/global Finance and ICM team.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
- 8+ years related experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships both in-country as well as with regional teams
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Education/Special Training Required
- B.B.A. or B.S. (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Accounting and/or Finance
- M.B.A. (or equivalent) with concentration in Finance, Accounting or general business (preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Fluent in English. Another SE Asian language preferred.
- Familiar with local GAAP, US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act