Financial Shipping Accountant (Shipping arm with a Oil Major)
Our client is a world leader in oil trading and shipping and is a fortune 500 MNC.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Manage the full set of accounts for the shipping entity in Singapore and any other new entities that may be added from time to time.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate, timely and meaningful accounting reports that are in compliance with accounting policies, and relevant Singapore and Australian reporting requirements.
- Oversee the transactional activities in relation to freight and other related payments
- Perform accounting month-end closing tasks and reconciliations, including preparation of consolidated balance sheet, gross margin and middle office p&l reconciliation.
- Work closely with corporate counterparts to ensure all intercompany transactions and balances are eliminated for group consolidation purposes.
6. Assist in the preparation of information for various stakeholders upon request.
- Liaise with external auditors on the annual statutory audit and preparation of financial statements.
- Identify, initiate, manage and/or support improvement of financial systems, processes, and reporting to meet business requirements and drive efficiencies within finance.
- Analyse new or changed business processes and determine required accounting processes, procedures and controls and implement them.
10. Preparation and submission of government surveys relating to responsible entities.
Leadership, People and Culture
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and external parties.
Stay abreast of developments within the accounting profession.
• Tertiary qualification or equivalent in Accounting, Business, Finance and/or CA/CPA qualification.
• Minimum 5 years in an accounting-based role in a large organisation/SME or Chartered Accounting firm.
• Experience in handling vessel/shipping accounts
• Working experience with financial information processing systems/applications (e.g. SAP).
• Working experience using ship chartering/vessel management systems
• (eg IMOS)
• Understanding of FRS 116 – leases
• Understanding of ship chartering life cycle
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Broad knowledge of Business Units and areas of operation.
• Ability to communicate across all levels of the Business.
• Willingness to take on new tasks as the company grows and evolves.
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Chartering and Marine team – ensure accounting requirements are captured timely as a result of new business initiatives
• Treasury & Finance Team – ensure timely and accurate communication of information to Controlling and Treasury Teams.
• IT Services – engage with IT Services as required to resolve system issues and continue to improve system capabilities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services.
Singapore Citizen or PR only!
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.