Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, Maritime
Our client is a market-leading ship owner and the success of their business is built on the principle of empowering employees across all levels to make their own decisions, as well as gaining a deep understanding of specific customer needs. They have a modern fleet of state-of-the-art technology with greener fuels and smart technology!
They are looking for someone who possesses experience in providing valuable insights into the financial performance of the groups managed vessels and has a keen interest in Financial Planning and Analytical work.
This role will be responsible for financial reporting and product management reporting along with budgeting and forecasting for the group. The role also requires working closely with segment leaders and internal stakeholders to provide valuable insights into the financial performance of the group
- Responsible for management reporting and reconciliations, and analysis for the Group on a monthly and quarterly basis within given timelines.
- Work closely with the Group Finance Manager on group consolidation for purpose of financial reporting.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to have a good understanding of the underlying drivers of profitability of the Group and share insights and provide commentaries on findings
- Support ad-doc projects surrounding management reporting
- Prepare annual budget and future forecast by engaging commercial head and segment leads
- Creating and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts (including scenario planning and sensitivity analysis) for selected businesses within the Group
- Monitor fixed and variable costs to comprehend cost drivers and improve budget accuracy
- Degree in accountancy or equivalent and Chartered Accountant qualification.
- 3-4 years of work experience in FP&A, accounting or relevant financial analysis experience. Big 4 and/or shipping sector experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using systems and tools for financial modelling, analysis of multiply large datasets and data visualisation.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards applicable to maritime industry
- Strong data mining skills with ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information as this role fronts the segment reporting to management and commercial heads
- Strong preference for prior experience in IMOS Oracle ERP and EPM applications.