GL Accountant (Singapore PR/Citizen)
Our client is a leading European MNC in the education industry.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this position handles the accounting activities in areas of GL, Fixed Assets and other accounting related areas.
- Manage and execute GL activities of assigned country to ensure that overall delivery of services is within agreed KPIs and SLAs.
- Responsible for timely and accurate financial and analytical reports to Manager, GL.
- Responsible for managing key stakeholders and internal customers including assigned country FD, FP&A teams, internal control teams, external auditors etc
- Ensure regular review and smooth and timely closing of accounts monthly, including identifying any unusual transactions and movements of account balances.
- Identify and follow up on areas of concern within the reconciliation, develops corrective action plans where needed and ensures accounts are in good standing.
- Ensure that good internal controls and GL practice are met in accordance with group policies.
- Actively participate in in digital transformation and continuous improvement initiatives which may involve activities such as defining requirements, change impact assessment and UAT.
The ideal candidate is an active learner, has an inquisitive mindset, is outgoing, and a good team player.
He/she is meticulous and is able to work effectively with guidance.
When faced with challenging situations, he/she takes the initiative to clarify any doubts.
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Accountancy, CA or CPA will be preferred
• Has working experience with the accounting system
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience with a shipping/logistics or transport industry will be preferred
Singapore Citizen or PR only!