Global Internal Audit & Accounting Manager (USGAAP & FRS)
Our client is a Unicorn in the Fintech space.
Our team is looking for an experienced and technically minded Global Accounting & Auditing Manage to help drive the Global Finance team to be able to comply the entities under the Group financial structure to be consolidated under US GAAP as well as local GAAP in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and the US plus any other countries that moves ventures into.
• In addition, the role will be the main person in charge of kicking off the internal audit team, driving quarterly audits, ensuring testing of transactions in preparation of the year end audit done by our Big 4 auditors is passed with an unqualified opinion within the timeframe at a local and group level.
• This role will have many responsibilities, such as being responsible for day-to-day accounting policies, transaction monitoring and control, working closely with the Group Financial Controller in Singapore as well as reporting to the Head of Global Finance and the audit committee.
• Excellent communication and project managing skills are essential since the role will involve liaising with internal and external stakeholders and converting the company to US GAAP for group audit purposes along with external consultants and our group auditors.
- Accounting Knowledge and Analysis
- Understand the local and US GAAP requirements for the group of entities to
ensure consolidation at a group level.
- Attend monthly closing meetings to ensure proper accounting of our management accounts to confirm universal treatment of entries and review the regional accountants work and advise on any grey areas.
- Drive initiatives on setting up SOPs and Policies to support accounting records for audit.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly supported.
- Nice to have transfer pricing and arms length transaction knowledge in the SEA region
Other Ad-Hoc Tasks
- Conduct reconciliation review and validation of cost and revenue related to customer transactions which is the main piece of our year end audit.
- Periodically support and review intercompany reconciliations and investigate past issues, if necessary.
- Ensure customer balances tie back to the customer dashboard in preparation for year end audit.
- Also ensure local accountants are providing the correct Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
Audit and Tax Filing Support
- Coordinate global and local audits by project managing the local teams in schedule preparation and pulling supporting documents for sample testing.
- Be the main point of contact for our external advisors on US GAAP conversion
- Kick off the internal audit process as we prepare to be PO ready in the future.
- Familiar with tax and bank requirements for cross-border settlement of related
- Ability to work on integration projects such as post-MMA and immense into the company's way financial way of things
- You are a graduate of Accounting/Finance or a similar course
- You at least 10 years of experience Financial Controller or as an Internal/Statutory Auditor who has moved into industry or looking to move into industry
- You are well versed in the local GAAP of SE Asian countries and big bonus points for US GAAP knowledge and experience.
- You are a CA/CPA/ACCA
- You have a discerning ability to prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- You are a team player and communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- You have great ownership mentality and have proven you can push towards a goal
- You pick up new skills quickly using a combination of self-exploration and relationship building
- You are a creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them
PR or Singapore Citizen only!