Our client is a well-established market-leading Marine equipment manufacturer looking for a Global Services & Sales support Manager for their Aftersales spare parts and services business in their Singapore office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Support/Aftersales Manager to be a play a pivotal role in driving and building a strong team around them. If you are known in the maritime industry for excellent customer service, strong marine engineering knowledge, and for driving performance; we are looking to hear from you.
- Secure proactive management of a Sales Support Team creating a quotation for spare parts, replacement products, and service, to support Regional Sales Managers.
- Employ and build up part of a new global Sales Support Team in both Singapore and Europe.
- Influence stakeholders in the organization to support our customers’ needs in terms of short response time, short lead time, and delivery performance.
- Develop technical competencies within the Sales Support Team to make assessments of RFQ’s and to carry out technical support
- Assist with technical knowledge and review of RFQ’s in large projects, and/or participate with a technical point of view in customer meetings together with Regional Sales Managers
- Secure proper information flow from Regional Sales Managers through the Sales Support Team on a bi-weekly basis.
- Contribute to the improvement of working processes in own department and across stakeholder department to ensure proper support of all aftersales activities.
- Improve the identification process of spare parts to reduce the time spent on creating quotations.
- Ensure data is a key driver to improve efficiency.
- A proactive leader that is able to influence and set the direction for the team.
- An analytical approach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to understand customers’ requirements and the entire product portfolio.
- Able to understand customers' maintenance and buying behaviors.
Management and leadership competencies:
- Able to communicate clearly on all levels of the organization from top to bottom.
- Able to challenge top management teams on processes and strategic directions.
- Able to communicate across different cultures and languages.
- Marine Engineer or Mechanical Engineer
- Several years of experience as a manager and preferred from an aftersales organization with a proven track record of success.
- Prior experience working in a Marine product manufacturing business will be an added advantage.
What's on offer?
An exciting opportunity to build a team from scratch and play an important role in developing efficient systems and processes in place. A global role and a dynamic work environment for a market-leading company. A competitive remuneration package and benefits.