Our client is an European ship owner company. They are looking for individuals who are qualified accountants with more than 3 years of Shipping Finance background and has experience in handling full set of financial and tax reporting for ship owner organizations.
The role is within the Financial Control (FinCon) in Singapore and is responsible for the production of the financial statements and audit activities of Quantum Pacific Shipping Limited Group and its subsidiaries in compliance with Financial Reporting Standards, regulations, group accounting policies and guidelines. This role will also oversee the compliance matters of the group in relation to the statutory and tax obligations of the group across the different locations.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the following:
• Lead the financial reporting within times lines set by the management
• Serve as finance owner and internal control point for Chart of Accounts taking into consideration both financial and management reporting
• Lead and guide the team to ensure that the group’s treasury accounting, vessel fixed assets and debt are properly recorded
• Work closely within FinCon team to plan and produce quarterly financial and management reporting
• Work closely with FinCon (segment reporting team) in implementation of new and revised accounting standards
• Evaluate the impact of developments in the financial reporting, tax and regulatory regime and recommend a course of action to ensure compliance
• Ensure all group accounting policies and reporting processes are documented and kept up to date
TAX AND COMPLIANCE MATTERS
• Lead the audit of the Group and ensure prompt and timely completion of external audits
• Oversee compliance of statutory matters of the Group
• Oversee compliance for tax reporting, including GST, freight tax, corporate tax, withholding tax
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Experiences
• Degree in accountancy or equivalent and Chartered Accountant qualification
• 3+ years of combined experience in public accounting and/or industry gained through increasingly responsible positions within accounting/finance with experience to lead a small team
• Strong understanding of accounting standards applicable to the maritime industry, ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions
• Hands-on experience in financial consolidation as well as management reporting and analytics
• Strong preference for prior experience in Oracle
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills as this role require an active cross-functional dialogue with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong data mining skills with the ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information as this role fronts the financial and management reporting for the group.
• Strong preference for experience in creating or improving a finance function and controls