Group Finance Manager (Oracle Implementation)
This role is with a leading European Ship owner who have more than 80 vessels and reports into the Group Finance Controller.
Post implementation period, the role will settle into suitable finance role.
The initial responsibility of this role is to actively engage in system migration from existing ERP to Oracle ERP. This role will work closely with IT Project Manager and FinCon Superuser team (derived from FMA and Operations accounting team) and will also act as the lead co-ordinator from FinCon with the external consultants.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Gain understanding of existing operational accounting as well as financial statements close processes and some understanding of existing ERP.
- Point of contact for pre-implementation planning with Oracle including developing detailed project plan in consultation with sponsors and external consultants
- Point of contact at FinCon, working closely with external consultants and IT to migrate to Oracle targeting 1 Jan 2021 switchover
- Identify redundant processes and opportunities for streamlining
- Work with Super users in firming up work flows in Oracle, acceptance testing and documenting changes to operational work flow
- Lead the Superusers with the testing of the effectiveness of interfaces with external databases and Oracle - both dataflows into and reporting from ERP.
3.Post implementation phase
- Follow-up of outstanding matters
- Review of processes not integrated into the ERP
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in accountancy or equivalent professional qualification
- Previous experience with successful changeover of accounting systems, preferably to Oracle
- Hands-on experience in operational accounting, preferably in shipping though not essential
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with Oracle accounting system or Oracle Fusion ERP Cloud Service
- Demonstrable experience of forging successful relationships with stakeholders with the ability to push back and maintain a structured process.
- Strong interpersonal skills – drawing together assistance from within the business and support from across the wider management team.