Group Treasury Manager (Cash Management & Investment)
Our client is a leading European shipping company that is looking for this new position in their group office based in Singapore.
Objective of the role
The main objective is to optimize cash management across the different businesses within the group, ensuring that financial commitments and short-term cash requirements are met and maximizing the return on any temporary surpluses of cash.
The role is meant to focus mostly on the short/mid-term needs (i.e. immediate to 6/12 months horizon), while other areas of the company take care of the long-term financing requirements (e.g. long-term debt, capital markets, leasing).
The person will report directly to the Finance Director in the Singapore office, with indirect reporting to the CEO and the respective heads of each business.
In principle the role will have no people reporting directly to it, but one or more analysts may be considered depending on the workload involved.
- Responsible for producing all the required models to project cash generation and consumption across the business.
- Shall liaise directly with the heads of each business to understand the relevant dynamics and consolidate such in an overarching model used to allocate cash where necessary and foresee potential shortfalls.
- This model shall be updated daily / weekly so as to keep up with the changing environment.
- Provide key recommendations / instructions on how to move cash around the different businesses and eventually collaborate with the admin team in the execution of such movements.
- Recommend uses for temporary excess cash (e.g. term deposits).
- Produce instructions on the respective admin teams to adjust the different financing facilities depending on actual cash needs.
- Manage reporting required to keep all the relevant parties informed on the current and projected cash situation.
- Update models with latest information.
- Check on how the businesses are evolving and potential need for funds.
- Liaise with the credit and collection departments to coordinate efforts regarding receivables.
- Coordinate execution of decisions made regarding cash management with different admin teams.
- Produce plans for utilization of revolving credit facilities (e.g. trade receivables lines)
- Keep record of available options for excess cash
- Report on a daily / weekly / monthly and quarterly basis.