Head of Billing & Financial Process (Food Technology)
Our client is a European food technology brand and is looking to bring in an innovative, experienced finance process and billing head to manage a high performing team based in Singapore.
- Responsible for leading, coaching, and developing members of your team.
- Assigning and managing work conducted within the group
Day to Day Operations
- Maintaining expected KPI levels based on existing Service Level Agreement with our Vendors/Restaurants
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with stakeholders
- Responsible for researching, tracking, and resolving billing issues on a timely basis
- Validating billing statements, issuing billing statements, providing billing approval for local payment release
- Other duties as assigned
- Establish and maintain process documentation for all processes occurring with the team.
- Implement and manage necessary process controls for compliance
- Identify process improvement opportunities through standardisation, elimination, or automation
- Actively participate in driving system enhancements that streamline operations processes
- Collaborate with Finance IT (SAP Team) for system enhancements or automation projects impacting Billing
- Assist with special projects as needed
Reporting / Month-end
- Prepare and present ad-hoc billing reports to stakeholders
- Prepare and post any Revenue recognition journals impacting regional financial statements
- Support Local (Country Teams) understanding with revenue bookings during the month-end close process
What you bring to the table:
- 8 years or more of relevant accounting and operations experience, with a degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance.
- Min 3 years of experience in leading a team
- Used SAP or Oracle ERP systems for Billing or O2C experience
- Familiar with Salesforce (CRM) and integration with ERP systems for Billing
- Strong analytical skills and who can foresee upstream and down streams impacts
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft applications for analysis and reporting
- Process-oriented with an understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will also likely have:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) tech industry or fast-paced environments
- Experience with SQL or the desire to learn
- Familiar with IFRS revenue recognition principles
- Demonstrated professional experience using Excel and working with large data sets.
- The ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- A creative mindset and a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom. You love creating new systems and solving problems via infrastructure and automation.
What we’ll feed you
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- A company committed to developing you personally and professionally
- A great working atmosphere with regular company and team events
- A vibrant and international team committed to diversity and inclusivity
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- Other benefits include free food, health and dental insurance, and learning and development opportunities
Singapore Citizen or PR Only!