Our client is a market leading commodity trading firm involved in the transportation of petrochemical commodities globally and is looking to hire a dynamic Market Research Analyst in their Singapore office.
This is an exciting role where the Analyst would be an integral part of the Singapore team involved in the physical and derivative trading analysis mainly in LPG cargoes, working closely with their traders.
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of relevant experience in petrochemical freight/cargo analysis.
• Primarily involved in market research and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative
• Performing fundamental research, supply, and demand, ship tracking analysis
• Identifying market trends and providing regular assessments on commodity fundamentals and prices
• Suggest trading strategies based on timely and accurate market analysis and reports
• Preparation of ad-hoc material and presentation to trades and management when required
• Keep current with key political and economic developments as they relate to the global LPG commodity market
• Good bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, finance, engineering, or related discipline
• Good understanding of commodity fundamentals and markets, including cross-commodity relationships
• Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to research and quantitatively analyze data and information
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to synthesize accurately and present quantitative and qualitative information in an eloquent and concise manner
• Must be comfortable working independently, as well as, part of a team, respond to the team’s priorities and be flexible in meeting individual deadlines under intense time pressure when necessary
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of VBA and other programming languages would be advantageous
• Fluent English necessary, other languages a plus
Kindly note that candidates based in Singapore currently will only be shortlisted for this role.