Plant Finance Controller (Medical Device)
We are looking for an experienced Plant Finance Controller for the fast-growing medical device company to report to the Associate Director, Finance, the Manager, Finance (Operations) is the key finance business partner to support their Global Quality Operations (GQO) which includes Manufacturing, Life Cycle Management and Quality functions in Singapore
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Partner with leaders of our GQO functions in Singapore to drive business results towards metric targets
- Drive execution of strategic growth plans to deliver on short-term and long-term goals
- Report, analyse, and translate data into key insights that drive strategic decision making
- Influence decision making through partnering with senior leaders to enable the organization to meet its strategic initiatives
- Identify business risks or opportunities and engage with business partners to determine the impact to the business
- Drive results through innovative value creation and initiatives for continuous measurable improvements
- Drive financial modelling to support new operating decisions and investment opportunities
- Take lead in the annual budgeting process. Direct, manage and drive all input required for the budget, working closely with business partners and global functional teams
- Drive the quarterly and monthly forecast processes. Work cross-functionally to ensure operating expense and capital expense forecast accuracy
- Work closely with Management/Cost Accounting team to understand business drivers and perform variance analysis
- Direct and develop business review reports and other appropriate financial presentation materials to support business decision making and present to business leaders
- Liaise closely with the Shared Service Center / Service Providers on any accounting and tax matters
- Assist with implementing the Company's policies and procedures to ensure the protection of Company assets through established internal control systems
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Hands-on experience in reporting, planning & forecasting systems such as SAP, Cognos and TM1
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills, including understanding numeric and business relationships.
- Critical thinker and good business acumen i.e. go beyond numbers.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, accounting principles and financial planning processes
- An energetic self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who can communicate across all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Solid business partnering and collaboration skills
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritization skills
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- CPA with degree in Business, Finance or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant finance experience with at least 5 years in financial planning and analysis in a multinational manufacturing environment