Our client is a leading shipping conglomerate looking to recruit an experienced Marine Superintendent with strong Quality Assurance background in either oil tanker or dry bulk marine industry.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities:
1) Safety Management System and ISO Standards
- Facilitate assessment/review/changes of the procedures, forms, checklists etc. in SMS to ensure compliance with applicable standards (ISM Code, MLC, ISO 9001 / 14001/ 45001).
- Administrate changes to the SMS, ensuring that flaws in the system are captured, corrected, reviewed and implemented as required, hereunder monitor observations from Masters Shipboard SMS Reviews and Audits
- Maintains the Fleet Management System to manage Document Folders Circular / Notices / Incident Sharing
- Administrate Shipboard and Manning Agency Annual Internal audit plans (supported by the Fleet Auditors and Third-Party (Auditors) ensuring that ISM/MLC/ISPS/ISO audits are carried out timely within deadlines.
- Shipboard and office management review are planned (ISM, ISO 9001/14001/45001) and carried out as required.
- Assist the HSSEQ Manager with the planning and execution of internal/external office audits and Office Management Review.
2) Environmental Safety Management
- Responsible for the Environmental Management System (EMS) implementation and process- ISO 14001 standard / IHM / Bioufoluing
- Management Plan / BWMP / VGP/ NTVRP certification and process.
3) Regulatory Compliance
- Establishing and maintaining an overview of future legislation coming into force and those relevant new requirements are addressed to management (SOLAS, MARPOL, MLC, ISO, Flag).
- Custodian of Office Nautical Library, Ship plans, and Loadicator software.
4) Emergency Response Management
- Administrate Ship to shore annual emergency response exercise
- Annual Reports and drills with Q.I and OPA 90 Vessel Response Plan exercise
5) Management Of Change
- Ensure any major changes in Asset/People/Processes follow the Management of Change process.
- Supporting the Fleet Marine Superintendent in vessel new deliveries / 2nd-hand tonnage takeover MOC.
The ideal candidate can educate, coach, and assist the members of the fleet team and the shipboard management within the areas of Quality Assurance, enabling the team/vessels to achieve continual improvement in safety and compliance standards. He/she should be able to effectively use his/her maritime and organizational Knowledge and connect with a crew of different nationalities, cultures and languages. He/she understands the importance of asking the right questions to improve our quality output to our customers. He/She is an open and outgoing person that people can trust and relate to. In unfavorable situations, he/she has the courage to intervene or escalate breaches for resolution.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime Studies, Marine Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of shore-based relevant working experience
- Holder of Class I (Chief Engineer or Ship Captain) Certificate is preferred
- Previous experience with Dry Bulk shipping is preferred
- Proven Knowledge and experience in conducting internal audits of vessels, office, and manning agents are essential. Attended Root Cause Analysis and Lead Internal Audit Training Workshops or Seminars.
- Good Knowledge of International Maritime Regulations, Marine Industry Standards (ISM Code, MLC, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, etc), and HSSEQ practices are necessary.
- Confident trainer and strong motivator/communicator
- Fluent in written and verbal communication in English
- Attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Occasional travel for ship visits to implement safety/QA initiatives.