Senior Accountant - Manufacturing & Operations
Are you a Chartered Accountant or CPA with prior experience in US GAAP Accounting and good knowledge of SAP within the medical devices industry?
Our client is a headquartered in USA and growing their presence in APAC in their regional office in Singapore.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of financial activities including monthly close process, journals, accruals, cross charges, schedules preparations/reconciliations etc.
- Assess current financial processes and help to define both long-term and short-term improvement plans with an eye on continuous improvement.
- Provide frequent, in depth ad-hoc financial analyses and reports.
- Assist in the Annual Operating Plan process.
- Responsible for multiple areas of tax, including deferred tax computation, tax provision, withholding taxes, timely tax return filings and tax status monitoring.
- Responsible for lease accounting and fixed assets capitalization.
- Ensure monthly GST submission, tax settlement and reconciliation.
- Ensure timely submission of statutory financial statements & statistics and corporate reporting.
- Cashflow management including cross border payments and receipts.
- Co-ordinate with both internal and external audits; ensure timely updates of SOX control matrixes and compliance.
- Develop and document work instructions and processes.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate is an experienced financial professional in the operations/supply chain space with a tactical and continuous improvement mindset who enjoys working with, motivating, and influencing others to success across a complex global organization:
An agile thinker able to adapt to and thrive in a complex, dynamic, fast-changing environment; can adapt to change and drive change
- Ability to translate complex financial and accounting data into business terms and actionable insights
- Data and process driven with keen attention to detail and focus on driving and owning accountability processes for a global operations and finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or ACCA and 12+ years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience, preferably with some years in an audit firm.
- Working knowledge of corporate taxation, GST and both US & Local GAAP.
- Experience with SAP, Blackline, advanced Microsoft Excel and data analysis/query skills; Business Warehouse (BW), and Analysis for Office strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Comfortable with Matrix reporting structure and US MNC.
- Organized, structured thinker with ability to handle multiple assignments, work flexible hours and consolidate and analyze/interpret information/data from multiple, disparate sources.
- Ability to work independently, guide and collaborate with fellow team members.