Our client, an European medical device company is looking to hire a dynamic and high calibre Senior Group Accountant for their APAC HQ in Singapore.
About the job
As the Senior Group Accountant, you will be reporting to the Financial Controller and be responsible to drive the financial accounting closing of the Singapore operation and providing finance support and guidance to the SEA countries.
- Execute Singapore month end closing in a timely and qualitative manner
- Provide support and guidance to Finance in Southeast Asia
- Lead all statutory matters including audits, taxation & corporate secretarial matters for SSEA
- Provide accounting and statutory guidance to countries outside of Southeast Asia.
- Prepare and distribute management reports on a monthly basis
- Analyze and act on financial information in order to initiate and take corrective actions to meet financial objectives
- Drive process improvement projects to execute best practice
- Drive and execute internal control processes across Southeast Asia
- Identify gaps as per global guidance & implement industry best practices
- Review and process expense in accordance with MHC policy and SOPs
- Manage, and participate in local, regional and global projects
- Bachelor of Accountancy, with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Chartered Accountants or equivalents will be an added bonus
- Experience from financial accounting, business performance (3-4 years) or audit (3-4 years) in Big 4 is preferred.
- Hands on month end closing of full set of accounts with working knowledge of SAP is a must have
- Knowledge of Cognos will be advantageous
- Hands on experience in a major ERP or Business Intelligence is desired
- Working knowledge of Power BI reports will be a plus.
- Experience from working in an international environment is required
- Highly proficient in MS office application
- Excellent English language (written and spoken)
- Excellent analytical skills and good communication skills
- A team player with initiative and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to work with tight deadline and sense of urgency while retaining delivery of best practice and accuracy.