Senior Finance & Accounting Analyst (Accounting + FP&A)
Our client is the fastest growing AI based start-ups in Asia and is headquartered out of Singapore.
Reporting directly to the Financial Planning & Revenue Operations Manager, the FAA will be responsible for month-end closing, financial reporting, management reporting — ensuring compliance with corporate policies and statutory requirements. The role involves working closely with stakeholders to spearhead improvement projects aimed at improving and streamlining finance process, as well as identifying issues for cost improvement.
Additionally, the FAA will collaborate with auditors and tax professionals to meet regulatory reporting requirements and stay abreast of statutory changes.
- Perform month-end closing activities
- Perform full sets of accounts, including the consolidation of overseas subsidiaries, reviewing month-end closing entries and reporting packages from outsourced accounting providers, and maintaining accurate balance sheet schedules
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages with variance analyses.
- Responsible for day-to-day financial and accounting operations within the group which may include intercompany entries, bank reconciliation, revenue billing, capital expenditures, and other transactions
- Assume ownership of General Ledger responsibilities by managing transactions and events relating to balance sheet, such as accruals, prepayments, capital structure, assets, liabilities, and profit and loss transactions
- Apply professional judgment in identifying accounting treatments in financial statements
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting activities
- Track financial status and performance, identifying areas for improvement
- Manage all tax-related matters, such as international tax, GST reporting, transfer pricing and corporate tax etc.
- Owner of the audit process and completion, including and not limited to, managing outside services for tax preparation, auditing, and banking
- Manage 3rd party service providers in China & other locations as required
- Manage external relations, grants, collaborations, etc., with external parties such as and not limited to audit firms, tax agencies, corporate secretarial services, government bodies, banks, vendors
- Support management in developing financial policies, processes, and procedures
- Support the Financial Planning & Revenue Operations Manager in cross-functional ad-hoc projects, providing financial advice to the business as needed
- Support the Financial Planning & Revenue Operations Manager in implementing processes and policies to enhance productivity
- Support the Financial Planning & Revenue Operations Manager in maintaining reporting dashboards, ensuring accuracy and completeness of both financial and operational metrics
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Financial Planning & Revenue Operations Manager
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA, CA, CPA etc)
- 5+ years of relevant experience; prior audit experience is advantageous
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and analytical skills.
- Proficient in P&L management, reporting, reconciliation, and validation; experience in consolidation
- Ideally familiar with Netsuite accounting software
- Highly IT-Savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or GSuite applications (Doc, Slides, Sheets). Knowledge of programming languages would be a plus
- Fast learner, positive, self-motivated, and a collaborative team player
- Amicable organisational skills and a strong eye for details
- Effective prioritization and time management to deliver under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, demonstrating proactiveness
- Passionate about startup entrepreneurship and culture
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, and dynamic environment
Singapore Citizen or PR only!