Senior/Finance Manager (IFRS)
Our client is one of the largest European Ship owner in the world and has its group HQ based in Singapore.
The role holder is responsible for general accounting, reporting and audit activities and its subsidiaries in compliance with Financial Reporting Standards, regulations, group accounting policies and guidelines. The role holder collaborates with Senior Management Accountant in meeting the various management reporting requirements of the Group.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
With one direct report, the Senior / Finance Manager is responsible in ensuring accurate deliveries in the following areas:
* Lead financial reporting within times lines set by the management
* Serve as finance owner and internal control point for Chart of Accounts taking into
consideration both financial and management reporting
* Actively plan and manage quarterly reporting by coordinating with various other departments
* Actively participate in implementation of new and revised accounting standards
* Evaluate the impact of developments in the financial reporting, tax and regulatory regime and recommend course of action to ensure compliance
* Ensure the integrity of financial data used for financial and management reporting
* Ensure all group accounting policies and reporting processes are documented and kept-up-to date.
TAX AND COMPLICANCE MATTERS
* Lead the audit of the Group and its subsidiaries (excluding UK Tonnage tax entities) and ensure prompt and timely completion of external audits
* Ensure compliance of statutory matters of the Group
* Responsible for tax reporting, including GST, corporate tax, withholding tax
* Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Certified Public Accountant
* 8+ years of combined experience in public accounting and/or industry gained through
increasingly responsible positions within accounting/finance (Maritime/Offshore Industry is a plus)
* 1 – 2 years of experience in leading a small team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions
* Strong IFRS acumen and understanding of financial reporting
* Good communication and leadership skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and bring projects to completion
* Ability to coach, mentor and develop direct reports.