About the job-
Senior Tax Manager (big4 + commercial experience)
Our client is a leading Tech firm within the food services industry. As part of their expansion in APAC, they are looking for a Senior Tax Manager to be based in Singapore.
This position will manage 2 to 3 direct reports. With proven leadership of a regional APAC tax function, this person will assist the Regional CFO with managing the tax function for the group’s APAC business. This role will ensure the delivery of effective and rational tax advice to the businesses within the APAC region, comprising 12 countries. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on experience and create direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor as well as a strong team player – comfortable working as a leader, supporting a team, and working closely with the management teams to drive strategic initiatives forward across the region.
What's on your menu:
- Establish effective and efficient processes to ensure timely and comprehensive management of all tax matters where the entities operate
- Act as the reference point and business advisor on tax matters for the senior leadership team representing different lines of business
- Advise on the structuring of commercial transactions and contractual arrangements
- Support tax audits of entities in the region and manage tax queries from the tax authorities, challenges and disputes
- Assist with transfer pricing matters and provide guidance on intercompany transactions
- Identify and manage tax risks / opportunities for the Group’s operations
- Review and analyze submissions from businesses, monitor the tax positions of APAC entities and provide regular updates and analysis
- Oversee implementation and management of tax related projects
- Direct other tax professionals (employees & consultants) in all aspects of the company’s tax processes
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Accounting/ Finance degree, preferably with a CA/ CPA/ACCA, and/ or Tax qualified
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, ideally with a combination of Big 4 and commercial tax experience, preferably in a fast-faced tech start-up
- Proven experience in international tax
- Strong background in indirect tax and handling tax audits
- Dynamic, driven, sharp, results-oriented and with strong understanding of business operations & key drivers
- Strong leadership track record. Meticulous, independent, a creative thinker and possess strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills in order to liaise with the regional and group level teams
Singapore Citizen or PR preferred!