Our client is an MNC service provider within the Water Treatment equipment space looking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer in their global headquarters in Singapore.
About the job
The purpose of the job is to help marine customers with field service of Ballast Water Treatment equipment. Main responsibilities includes:
- Servicing and re-commissioning of old or existing Pure Ballast Treatment systems.
- You need to be able to work and deliver on assigned tasks independently and remain contactable 24/7 and be available whenever Global Coordinators request for service attendance.
- You need to work together with other lnternational Marine Service Organization members as a team, and act as a technical support backup to Global Technical Specialists and Global Coordinators if so required.
- You may also need to assist in performing local field service jobs or other tasks if required.
- The job requires frequent cross-border travels and working on rolling schedules.
- You are a competent Electrician, solution-driven with a strong customer first mindset.
- You are able to take calculated risks and make tough and fast decisions to meet the customer needs.
- You enjoy international travelling and working on urgent and sometimes complicated cases.
- You will be expected to do the trouble-shooting and servicing of Water Treatment equipment on board vessels.
Profile we are looking at
- You should have a degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification with experience of 3 - 7 years.
- Strong experience on automation/system integration preferably of marine equipment. Preference will be given to ship electricians who have sailed with ships in the past.
- Fluent oral and written English skills and good communication skills.