We are representing multiple shipping clients (Trading, mining, commodity, ship owners, charterers) recruiting for their commercial ship operations department in Singapore.
If you have post-fixture vessel operations experience or have done dry/tanker/LNG vessel operations in the past, we may have the right career opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities would be:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of vessel operations of vessels
- Ensure that communication with all parties including vessels, local offices, procurement department, ship managers, agents, stevedores, other associated companies, and sub-contractors is done correctly and in accordance with existing work instructions and valid charter-party and contract conditions.
- Plan the voyage from start to finish. You will anticipate possible problems in advance and adjust plans as needed to achieve the most cost-effective solutions.
- Respond to any problems that arise during the voyage and put in hand whatever corrective measures may be required.
- Responsible for optimizing the efficiency of the voyage – which includes minimizing all voyage-related costs and time. To calculate cargo intake as may be required and coordinate the preparation of pre-stow plans in accordance with the Voyage Planning and Execution Procedure.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of final stowage plans, including detailed tier plans and load/discharge reports as required.
- Being responsible for managing all issues relating to the execution of the voyage, this includes – but is not limited to – the following specific matters:
- Responsible for ensuring that vessels are optimally bunkered.
- Responsible for ensuring that the necessary equipment and consumables are available and ready in the ports as required.
- Prepare and distribute Voyage Instructions.
- Nominate Surveyors as needed/required.
- Managing Docs for Discharge.
- Securing and filing of Sailing Docs.
- Finalize Final Stow Plan, distribute and file.
- Responsible for close coordination with Port Captain and/or local operations staff throughout the loading or discharging of vessels as required in order to achieve the most cost-efficient coastal passage.
- Responsible for the monitoring and follow-up of all vessel performance issues, whether owned or TC ships, including off-hire.
- Responsible for ensuring that the voyage management system, including the vessel’s schedule is kept properly updated at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all cargo documents are completed and distributed as required by BMS and/or Charter parties and/or contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring that required Letters of Indemnity are prepared in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary and appropriate notices are given to the insurance and claims department and that internal procedures are followed in case of any planned ice call.
Please note that this role is only open to candidates based in Singapore.