Finance Director ( Hospitality)
Our client is a leading hospitality brand and would be expanding further with 2 more clubs in Asia in 2024.
The Finance Director will lead the Group finance team in all finance and accounting activities. They will assist the CEO & Founder with leadership of the wider business, and work cross-functionally with the other leaders in the business to progress the Group towards its wider commercial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Overall
- Lead all finance functions, across Singapore, Hong Kong and Bali.
- Cross-functional leadership with the management teams in all markets.
- Get involved outside of the Finance Team and maintain connections with other departments within the Group.
- Build relationships with key business partners.
- Work across departments, and with executive leadership, and to drive business goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist CEO and Founder with new project development, pitching and execution.
Finance & Accounting
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day Accounting, covering General Ledger, AR (aka ‘Membership Finance’), AP, and all internal and external Reporting.
- Lead creation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Forecasts for the Group, and the reporting of delivery against them.
- Manage teams, to ensure the team’s objectives are met to a high standard.
IT & Systems
· Display and inculcate expertise with business systems, to drive their effective use as a key reporting, control, and analytical tool.
- Assist CEO with management of HR function. (Note a must)
- Support and demonstrate our Brand’s vision, mission, and core values always, demonstrating and leading with integrity, accountability, and a commitment to success.
- Lead the recruitment and selection of finance team members.
- Maximise the effectiveness of the team members by developing each of their skills and abilities through appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Ensure all properties are adhering to all Company Finance Policies and Procedures, and relevant accounting standards.
- Ensure that government-stipulated associate and tax legislations are followed.
- Ensure that an organized, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all financial records.
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal and external and governmental reports are compiled accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience in success-oriented environment and someone who has a hands on and strategic approach
- Experience working cross-departmentally to drive commercial action, working in small and large firms will be a big plus
- CA / ACCA / CPA / CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in developing reports and reporting against them.
- Good exposure to different financial systems for accounting, project management, and group reporting.
- Strong team player with a proactive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and an analytical mind.