Group Finance Manager (Controllership / Shipping)
Our client is a European shipping firm and is looking for a dynamic individual to join their team.
This role will be within the Financial Control (FinCon) team in Singapore and will work closely with segment managers, corporate team and other internal stakeholders to provide valuable insights into the financial performance of the group.
The role will be responsible for financial reporting for the Group.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The candidate is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for certain month end closing processes (e.g. accruals, fair valuation of FVTPL financial instruments)
- Preparing quarterly consolidation for group entities
- Preparing quarterly financial statements for the Group
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet schedules prepared by accounts executives for shipping group and ship management group
- Reviewing Group TB on a quarterly basis
- Preparing final management accounts for dissolution of entities
- Controls implementation over certain key processes
- Responsible for GST reporting for Singapore entities
- Assist Group Finance Manager with accounting technical function (e.g. preparation of accounting position papers, iGAAP research) and adhoc projects (e.g. acquisition /disposal of subsidiary)
- Manage and mentor accounts executives alongside with the Group Finance Manager
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in accountancy or equivalent and Chartered Accountant qualification with big 4 experience
- 6-8 years of commercial and audit experience. Shipping experience is a must.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards applicable to maritime industry
- Strong preference for prior experience in IMOS, Oracle
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as this role require active cross-functional dialogue with stakeholders
- Strong preference for experience in creating or improving a finance function and controls as this role will involve creating and building a line reporting function.