Our client is a growing international marine services conglomerate fast-growing in Asia. This is an exciting role for a Marine Engineer with prior sailing experience along with shore based experience handling marine fuels technical aspects.
You will play a pivotal role in this role as a technical expert liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally within the shipping industry.
- Provide Technical Advice on marine fuels and lubricants testing
- Evaluate Fuel System Check results and prepare reports
- Review bunker quality trends and statistical analysis
- Prepare technical bulletin and first incident alerts on problematic bunker and engine damages
- Review marine and petroleum standards and regulations
- Investigate marine engine component damages related to fuel quality
- Onboard training for crew in fuel handling or sampling orientation
- Conduct crew training seminar on fuel testing and its impact on marine engines
- Provide technical assistance to Business Development Team and Laboratory
- Marine Engineer with ideally seafaring background
- Strong technical knowledge of marine fuel oil testing, bunkering, sampling, mass flow meter, report writing, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience of leading a team previously
- Experience of working in maritime services and or products in the Asia-Pacific region
- Strong network and contacts with IBAI, SIBCON, MPA, SSA etc.
- Fluency in multiple languages spoken around Asia would be ideal