Marine Fuel Price Reporter
Our client is a market leading European shipping company who are looking to hire an agile and driven price reporter to cover global shipping and marine fuel markets. For a someone who likes to build networks this is an exciting opportunity to join a small team covering the whole world.
You will get unique insights into the drastic changes we are witnessing in global energy markets, as the world recovers from the pandemic, and as the global shipping fleet plans for upcoming decarbonisation targets. You will join a team that is working to make opaque bunker fuel markets more transparent by gathering price data from a broad range of sources.
The position will be based in India, either working from their Mumbai office or remotely.
What you will do
• Establish and maintain relationships with marine fuel suppliers across ports in the region you cover
• Gather and collect prices for marine fuel grades from suppliers in these ports daily
• Handle sensitive price information with care and exchange it with sources in an anonymised way
• Manage and expand industry contacts, using all forms of communication including face to face meetings and networking
• Engage with industry network about regions you cover
• Develop and expand on network of marine fuel suppliers’
• Excellent English proficiency and communication skills
• Numerical literacy and ability to manage and extract and present information from datasets • Good presentation and people skills
• Driven, self-motivated and an ability to exchange factually correct market information through building a big contact book
• Team player with strong coordination and time management skills
• Ability to work with teammates to solve problems
• Integrity and accuracy
• A few years of shipping experience, but not required