Our client is a leading shipping and trading conglomerate looking to hire an experienced Port Operations Manager or Port Captain for their growing break bulk business in APAC.
If you are an ex-Master Mariner/Captain on board bulk carriers and have Cargo Superintendent experience handling break bulk cargoes and vessel types, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Responsible for the day-to-day port operational activity within the Regional Office`s area, ensuring that port operations are managed in the most efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for managing the local Port Captain attendance schedule.
- Managing unattended port calls
- Responsible for reviewing cargo outturns and proposing adjustments to stowage/ securing methods as necessary to ensure quality cargo care whilst maintaining minimum cargo-related costs.
- Implement port/regional operations action plan, take a proactive role in following up on agreed actions as directed by the Regional Operations Director.
- Will at times be required to cover certain delegated responsibilities of the Operations Director during his vacation and/or periods of travel
The Ideal Profile
- CoC Class 1 Master Mariner Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong communicator and result-oriented
- Self-driven and motivated collaborator
- Strong understanding of the international shipping industry
Please contact Brijesh Mongia at email@example.com for a private and confidential discussion