Regional Tax Manager (US MNC - FMCG)
Our client is a leading US MNC in the Consumer Industry.
Our Tax Team is on a journey to build and enhance capabilities to align with our business’ needs and support our organization. Our work will drive profitable growth, mitigate risk, and enable us to support innovation for the enterprise.
The Asia-Pacific & MEA Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing Asia-Pacific regional direct and indirect tax compliance, planning, and reporting functions. Furthermore, the Asia-Pacific tax manager will be responsible for any regional tax audit matters and serve as regional tax technical resource within and outside of the Tax function.
In the Asia-Pacific tax manager role, you will also support the North American tax team with its planning and U.S. reporting initiatives as they relate to the region. This role requires you to navigate the complexity of regional tax rules as they relate to presence in a variety of jurisdictions.
This role will be based at our office in Singapore.
This role will offer an outstanding opportunity to develop core capabilities around situational agility, enterprise advocacy, and partnership for impact.
- Lead the review of direct and indirect tax returns of Asia-Pacific regional subsidiaries, including coordination of any data prep for external service provider and tax payments
- Manage the tax provision calculations and deferred tax analysis for the Asia-Pacific subsidiaries
- Manage local tax audits within the region and lead on communication with local tax authorities
- Advise within and outside of the tax function on regional income tax, VAT, and Payroll tax implications of business initiatives
- Maintain current knowledge of regional corporate and VAT tax laws
- Assist with the U.S. federal income tax reporting of the regional subsidiaries
- Participate in and advise on regional tax strategy, planning, and M&A projects, including annual cash repatriation work
- Support transfer pricing analysis and calculations for intercompany transactions, including data gathering for transfer pricing reports and submission of local filings to support transfer pricing work
- Provide local country planning ideas for his/her areas of responsibility.
- Support Global Tax Leader in Asia-Pacific tax activities, manage key deliverables and communicate risks
- Manage and support the work of external vendors that assist in regional tax work
- Collaborate with global tax teams as well as other functional and business teams regarding all transactional activities
- Closely collaborate with other tax teams, functional teams, global and regional business units, and sector teams when appropriate
- Interact with external parties such as auditors, consultants, and tax compliance advisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Legal, Finance or Economics
- Minimum 12 years of related experience
- Strong Knowledge of Asia-Pacific regional corporate income and VAT tax laws
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid project management skills; acting as a project lead on small, well-defined projects
- Ability to establish priorities of work assignments
- Ability to risk assess in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills. Ability to plan and organize non-routine tasks
- Chartered Accountant, Law License, or Equivalent
- Experience with tax research software, and familiarity with HFM/SAP is preferred
- Experience in consumer foods industry is preferred