Our client is a global biopharmaceutical group dedicated to improving lives and health outcomes through innovative medicines in Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Disease.
Due to high growth plans, they are looking for a stable knowledgeable and sound Senior Accountant to be based in Singapore.
This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in supporting business decisions and growth. Reporting to the Finance Director. It is an individual contributor role who will manage 2 outsourced vendors
• Responsible for the full spectrum of financial activities including monthly close process, journals, accruals, cross charges, schedules preparations/reconciliations etc.
• Assess current financial processes and help to define both long-term and short-term improvement plans with an eye on continuous improvement.
• Assist in the Annual Operating Plan process.
• Responsible for multiple areas of tax, including deferred tax computation, tax provision, withholding taxes, timely tax return filings and tax status monitoring.
• Responsible for lease accounting and fixed assets capitalization.
• Ensure monthly GST submission, tax settlement and reconciliation.
• Ensure timely submission of statutory financial statements & statistics and corporate reporting. •
• Supervising external shared services.
The ideal candidate is an experienced financial professional preferably from an MNC background with a tactical and continuous improvement mindset who enjoys working with others to succeed across a global organization.
Chartered Accountant or ACCA and 7-8 years of progressive Accounting experience, with some years in an audit firm (preferably Big4)
Working knowledge of corporate taxation, GST and both US & Local GAAP.
Hands-on experience with SAP is a Must
Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
Please note that this role is only open to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.