Senior Internal Auditor (Python/Analytics/Investigations)
Our client is one of the leading European commodity trading firms in the world.
As a Senior Internal Auditor within , you will be involved in high profiles & complex audits (e.g., covering trading desks, assets, functions), investigations, continuous audits & monitoring programs leveraging advanced technology and data analytics tools as well as in special projects in South & South East Asia (and beyond when required).This is a great opportunity to join a leading and growing global Agri-commodities merchant & food processor with strong career prospects, a crucial industry at the heart of food security and global geopolitical challenges and a very dynamic and well regarded Global Internal Audit team. We are looking for innovative self-starters, eager to drive the change within the organization in a fast-paced environment and to help further develop the department’s audit methodologies and approach.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
- Participate to the construction of an adequate audit plan, with the Region and the Functions.
- Participate to / lead audit projects (e.g., trading desk, assets audits and investigations) in SSEA and potentially, in other regions when required as well as to global continuous audits & monitoring programs – leveraging controls / reports automation - in coordination with Management (business lines & Functions).
- Identify, and recommend controls, business practices, organizational, and process enhancements.
- Prepare and provide audit reports and present to management conclusions of audit projects.
- Monitor management's progress on remediation activities.
- Develop strong relationships with business lines / Platforms and Functions (Finance, Risk, Compliance, Industry…).
- Stay abreast of emerging trends to assess impact on audit approaches / methodology and potential risks & controls to be covered.
- Contribute to department improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed, up to 20%.
- Min. 6-10 years’ experience required in internal audit / fraud investigation in MNC and / or consulting or “Big 4” audit firm.
- International experience (studies, or work) a plus.
- Experience of working in commodities trading environment a plus.
Knowledge /Technical & Functional skills
- Fluent English + another language a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in extracting, working with and interpreting data, ideally with practical experience with data analytics tools, including but not limited, ACL, Python, Power BI or similar coding / programming languages / tools.
- Proficient (advanced level) in MS Excel – able to run complex data analytics.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and financial statements.
- The candidate must be flexible, able to change priorities quickly, and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and should be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines when required. Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations.
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, creative, able to work independently, eager to solve complex issues, with a strong business acumen and “think-out-of-the-box” mindset.
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and organizational skills. Able to apply good judgment and decision-making skills in helping management prioritize and determine the most important risks that they need to focus on.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- English (Fluent)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Business Administration, Finance, or Engineering.
- Certified Internal Auditor would be a plus.